Borrowed from Jobookloveblog
1) A popular book or series that you didn’t like
The Twilight Series… I read the first two books, but halfway through the third one I just completely lost interest for the story, even though I liked the first two.
2) A book or series that everyone seems to hate, but you love
I honestly think it would be easier for me to answer what book or series everyone seems to love, but I hate… I don’t think there is one? Can’t think of what that could be.
3) A love triangle where the main character ended up with the ‘wrong’ person OR an OTP that you don’t like
Well, I am definitely Team Jacob purely because of his infi-warmth even during blizzards… Imagine being stuck anywhere cold (like Norway during winter) and having to deal with Edward the Ice Man. I think not.
4) A popular book genre that you hardly reach for
Definitely Romance. It just sounds too boring to me, I guess. But I’m a very “Just take the chance, say you love each other, and run away together!” type of person, so having a book that just drags on forever with the what-ifs sounds horrible. I’m kind of fed up with crime as well.
5) A popular or beloved character that you don’t like
I…don’t really like Harry Potter, as a person. I mean, yes, the books are written from his point of view, but I find him to be a bit too self-absorbed or something. I don’t hate him, I just don’t want to be his friend…
6) A popular author that you can’t seem to get into
There are several Norwegian crime writers that everyone in Norway reads, and I’m just…no thanks. Also Jojo Moyes.
7) A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing
I’m not sure if there are any..? Maybe I’m too young to be tired of them just yet! Maybe I’ve never thought about it enough for it to bother me. But I definitely don’t like the troubled-detective-fighting-crime-whilst-dealing-with-inner-demons-oh-and-also-he-likes-alcohol.
8) A popular series that you have no interest in reading
The so-called Napoli-quartet, written by Elena Ferrante. It’s super popular her in Norway at least, but I can hardly stand to look at the titles of it. I might love the books themselves, but I definitely really hate the translator.
9) The saying goes:”The book is always better than the movie”, but what movie or T.V. adaptation do you like more than the book?
I only have one of those: The Hobbit. The book is really tiresome; it’s just a bunch of people walking in the woods and for a couple of pages deal with a dragon. The movies are entertaining and have way more variety, even though the story has been highly expanded.